This course is designed to demonstrate the correct and safe isolation techniques and procedures for a variety of electrical switchgear for low voltage electrical switchgear and apparatus only.
- Course Content
- Electricity at Work Regulations
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- Safe Isolation requirements at the boundary of high voltage installations
- Electrical isolation and safety procedures
- Safe testing of low voltage electrical equipment and installations to confirm correct and safe isolation
- Case studies
- Practical exercises
This course is intended to enhance candidate’s knowledge of statutory regulations, codes of practice, and safety procedures relating to low voltage isolation procedures and practices.
This course is suitable for:
All managers and supervisors with responsibility for safe working practices
Electricians of all disciplines i.e. installation, maintenance and fault finding activities
Individuals who wish to understand how to safely isolate electrical equipment prior to installation & maintenance activities, and would gain confidence when they witness safe isolations prior to working on plany and apparatus
Candidates who successfully complete the City & Guilds Accredited written and practical assessment will receive a certificate of competence.
City & Guilds Accredited Safe Isolation Training and Assessment