Current Safety Legislation
Types of safety document
The correct way to implement safety documents –
- including complete,
- issue and receive safety documents
- monitor such documents
Distribution Network Operator (Electricity Board) Customer interface documents
Hv Safety Rules and Operational Procedures
Safe Systems of Work
Explanation of and demonstration – including participation (when at our centre) of practical switching of an HV system
Objectives: By the end of this course you will:
• Have a knowledge of current safety legislation associated with the
control and operation of the HV system
• Be aware, in general terms, of the safety and access requirements for
high voltage substations
• Be aware of the requirements to produce switching schedules for the
safe operation on HV systems
• Be aware of the requirements to complete the range of safety documents
• Gain an awareness of switchgear designs and ratings
Gained an awareness of normative documents required for your installation
Anyone wishing to gain an appreciation of the operational aspects of a high voltage system.
The course is essential for Supervisors and Managers working in the power industry who wish to gain an awareness of the industry methods to ensure compliance with legislation and safety documentation.
Candidates who successfully complete the City & Guilds Accredited theoretical and practical competence assessments will receive a City & Guilds Accredited Certificate of competence.